Bill

,> What's to accept?  Acceptance implies permanence.  This stupid disease
does
>not allow any permanence.  Once one accepts one thing, another damn thing
>comes along.  Meanwhile, there is discomfort and disability.

Among other things, the chronic nature of PD, which you so graphically
describe above, is part of what we have to accept. Once we accept that it is
very much easier to deal with the grief (including fully justified bouts of
anger) we periodically experience as each new sign of PD's progress manifest
itself.

There seems to be some weird idea among those  who advocate anger as the
motivation for fighting PD that 'acceptance' means accepting the status quo,
rolling over and playing dead, leaving the fight to others.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

 In my experience, only after I had stopped grieving because I had PD did I
find myself spiritually/emotionally well enough to take a pro-active stand
against PD.  Now  I fight PD with everything I have.  I fight it from the
moment I feel its oppressive weight pressing me into the bed in the morning
until sleep finally overcomes the resistance of a stiff, unyielding body at
night.  I fight it on a personal level, refusing to bow to its dictates and
I fight it, alongside many others, on a public level. I do not fight it
because I am angry with it - just having it is justification enough. It is a
terrible thing which does terrible things to people not least of all myself
and those I love - why would I need to be angry to to fight such a thing?

Fire needs fuel and oxygen to burn; anger does too, but with anger the angry
person is the fuel and the cause of the anger is the oxygen.  Most fires
burn out when the fuel is reduced to nothing - there always seems to be
plenty of oxygen.

We need to experience our justified anger - and we need to move past it -
and then, after taking a long hard look at the enemy we can come out
fighting without  loosing ourselves in the process.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/onset 32 /dx 37

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to be a perfect tile upon the housetop."

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/