Absolutely, you are right, Helen!  We all pay for the insurance and the
lawsuits, as we are the source of the doctor's or HMO's income!  The more
experienced and careful the doctor, the lower the insurance premiums he pays
and he COULD pass the savings to the patients.  As previously discussed,
Kaiser seems to be the best or at least one of the best HMO's according to the
praise heaped on them by clients.  Unfortunately most of their competition
does no measure up to the standards they have set, or at least no one on this
list has had any praise for the others.  I have no ax to grind, I am not an
HMO member, and have no financial interest in any HMO.  If large numbers of
folks could get adequate health care for less money, it would seem to be good
business.  On the other hand, if people are suffering more, and risking their
lives for executives and stock holders to enjoy inflated income, while the
doctors are rushed and second guessed by people without medical
training.....that is not good, is it?  [log in to unmask]