You never know who your neighbours are. The man across the road died. He
was a really sweet old gentleman, quiet and unassuming, pottering around
with his plants, and I liked him, though I didnt really know him, so I
decided to go to his funeral.And then I read his obituary.  I knew he
worked at the Smithsonian, but I assumed he pushed a pen in some office
somewhere.  I learned that this quiet, meek man was the head of  the
Video Services of the entire museum system . He had been a producer of
Children's Television, and had won an emmy as creator and producer of
The Electric Company = one of my children"s favorite programs when they
were little.

If this story has a moral, it is: if you want to retire  quietly and
unobtrusively, keep quiet.

But

IF YOU WANT TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE
AND TELL THE WORLD ABOUT PD,