l0/26/98

Hi Tom Kelly & other PD ListServ members,

A new discount drug prescription plan for people with Parkinson's (PWPs) and
their families has been designed by and is being offered by National Corporate
Benefits Administrators (NCBA). Two very helpful contact persons I have spoken
with are: Louis (Lou) DeMaria and Bob Jordan, both Vice Presidents of NCBA.
For further info, and an application call or write to:

              National Corporate Benefits Administrators (NCBA)
              Rome Plaza - 147 Route Nine
              Clifton Park, NY 12065

The toll free # is 1-888-376-6020
Their other #        (518) 383-5432        Their fax # is (518) 383-8872

Here is a brief summary from the enrollment brochure on my desk.

SELECT PRESCRIPTION PLAN ALTERNATIVES (the PLAN) is administered by Pharmacy
Service Corporation of New York (PSCNY).  There are 2 discount options:
            (1) purchasing from pharmacies in the PSCNY network, and
           *(2) purchasing by mail which is the least costly option.

"The cost to enroll is just $45 a year for individual or family coverage."
And, "The  plan offers no limitations in regard to the prescription items that
are covered or the quantities dispensed.  Any prescription item [--as written
by the doctor--] can be obtained with the [plan] card."  "You will not pay
more than $10 on most prescriptions written for thirty day supplies of Generic
drugs."  The brochure provides
examples of savings on several widely used Parkinson's medications.

"PSCNY currently serves over 500,000 subscribers via their computer-to-
computer claims claims processing system.  Nationally, there over 35,000
pharmacies
participating in the PSCNY network."

For people who do not have Parkinson's, NCBA offers another plan, "CHOICE
PRESCRIPTION  PLAN ALTERNATIVES."  I am looking into this latter plan for my
adult children who do not have a drug plan.

I have no financial interest in this company.  I approached them in the course
of my relentless and frustrating quest for long term care insurance.  Company
officials were very courteous and told me they are exploring many ways to
develop long term care
insurance for us PWP's.  They recognize that we PWPs represent a large
potential
health insurance market.

I believe NCBA has an interest in learning more about how our care needs could
translate into additional insurance protection. They have informed me they are
considering forming an advisory committee. Here's another road we special PWPs
can help pave.

I hope, Mr. Kelly and other interested persons, that this Rx discount plan
might benefit you.

Sincerely,
Arlene Teichberg   57/13

Since People Parkinson's (PWPs) generally take many medications daily, a
Prescription Plan is an essential component in our health insurance.  Since
many
PWPs, this writer included, have discovered that once diagnosed with
Parkinson's,
they are uninsurable with respect to long term care insurance, life insurance,
and many other insurances.  The NCBA  brochuprovidesfollowing is so important