EXERTHON WAS FUN AND MONEY CAME IN
The Exerthon as a fund raising event was new to us. The idea of having an
exercise class open to all sounded good. As years go by and PD progresses,
we lose flexibility, and most of us add weight. Most of us grew up when
exercise was not the in thing to do unless sand was kicked on us as we lay
on the beach with our best girl.

We had a good time. We hoped to have more participants just for the sake of
having more people. Fourteen or fifteen at a time makes for a good class.

Exercising alone is possible, but working with a group is far easier, and
one
feels less self-conscious when others are doing the same silly things you
are.
Elephant ears is not something I thought grown people did even in the
privacy of their own homes with blinds pulled and the lights turned off.
Even elephant
ears seems natural when everybody does it.

As a fund raiser we did pretty well. We have about a thousand dollars and
more is coming in. Checks we get are being sent to APDA headquarters for
use in easing the burden and finding the cure.
We get contributions from around the country from people who get our
newsletter. There is still time to send in your contribution. I will mail
you a Delmarva Chapter T-shirt or marathon trophy polishing cloth [dish
towel] for an extra $3.00 to cover postage. Most T-shirts are extra large,
but there are a few larges and mediums. Towels are flour sack material with
the APDA logo and
names of our advertisers.