Demerol is especially dangerous if one is taking Eldepryl.  Better to avoid
it in any case if possible. All opiates can interfere with meds, and should
be avoided, which makes painkillers a problem in general.  I tjhink TYlenol
is best bet.

 Please someone post the lists we have of drugs to be avoided, as Hans has
not finished his "master list " yet.

>Hi List--A while back there was a thread on meds for PWP to avoid. My
>husband will have surgery w/general anasthesia on Friday, and I
>remember that one of the meds definitely not to have was demerol. My
>question: Is this because it interferes with Sinemet? or PD generally?
> Need a quick refresher on this now very important point. Thanks in
>advance for your feedback.
>Ann Gibbons  CG Joe 64/1.5

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *     Ask  me about the  "CARE " list    *
           *     for caregivers of Parkinsonians   *