Dennis  Liebl:

I don't know if you would call him a guru, but I am most fortunate to be
seen by Dr. Neil E. Slatkin at the City of Hope  I and my wife are most
impressed by his knowledge of the treatment of Parkinsons Disease.  I am
not sure he is taking any new patients  but it is worth a try. City of
Hope 's  Department of Neurology Parkinson's Disease Center (a National
Parkinsons Foundation Clinical Center of Excellence) can be reached at
(626)359-8111 ext 2859 .   Another suggestion is Dr. Dale V, DiStefano
who moved his practise from Downey, where I live, to Newport Beach. His
telephone number was (714) 645-9996.  Regarding a support group, I
attend the Parkinsons Education Group of San Gabriel   Valley which
meets  at  9; 30 A.M. on the first Friday of the month at the
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital Auditorium , in Whittier.  Have a
great day.  Al  T.