Last night I went to an 'Election forum', at which eight electoral
candidates answered  questions dealing with current local electoral
issues. Two incumbents - Congeressmen Davis and Moran, and 6 hopefuls
took part. I was there early to help set  up the meeting, and came
prepared with 2 questions planned with the assistance of Mike Claeys.
Unfortunately, I hit an "off" just when it was time to be writing out
the questions on the appropriate 3 by 5 card, but fortunately, one of
Tom Davis's assistants came forward to help me, and we ended up having a
discussion of PD and Congressman Davis's part re the Udall Bill.
Unfortunately, my questions were not asked - I guess they were too
specific - but, fortunately, I got to meet Congressman Moran - who came
up before the meeting and introduced himself to me, reading my name off
my name tag. I added, yes, I'm Hilary Blue and I have Parkinson's.  And
that I was interested in the fate of the Udall Bill. He reminded me that
he wa a co-sponsor. "I'm well aware of that sir", I replied. "And you
are also on the Appropriations Committee. Maybe you can explain what has
happened to the Udall Bill. WHere is it now, And what has happened to
the money we were promised. Its been thrown into the NIH bucket, and who
knows how much of it we'll see......" "You have a good point there", he
says. "If I get reelected I must look into that"(or words to that
effect).
Thanks, Mike,  for your time yesterday in helping draw up the (unasked)
questions, and I wish they had been asked. But I don't think the effort
was entirely wasted as I now have a direct contact with another
congressman.
Hilary Blue

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> "I'd like to commend Phil Tompkins and Linda
> Herman for all their diligent work posting helpful
> information regarding NIH funding, Parkinson's
> funding and the fiscal 1999 Omnibus Budget bill.
> I would also like to urge them and anyone with
> questions about these topics to contact the
> Parkinson's Action Network by phone at (800)
> 850-4726 or email at [log in to unmask]  We can
> provide the raw data (language, numbers, etc.)
> along with important context, interpretation and
> perspective on the political impact of this
> information.

 Please refer any questions or comments to the