Hilary Blue said in part:

----------

> Last night I went to an 'Election forum', at which eight electoral
> candidates answered  questions dealing with current local electoral
> issues. Two incumbents - Congeressmen Davis and Moran, and 6 hopefuls
> took part. I was there early to help set  up the meeting, and came
> prepared with 2 questions planned with the assistance of Mike Claeys.

This is important that pwp be visible, informed, and ask or hope to ask
specific ?? about Udall bill promises.  That the ?? you prepared weren't
asked isn't a concern since the payoff was.....

>, I got to meet Congressman Moran - who came
> up before the meeting and introduced himself to me, reading my name off
> my name tag. I added, yes, I'm Hilary Blue and I have Parkinson's.  And
> that I was interested in the fate of the Udall Bill. He reminded me that
> he wa a co-sponsor. "I'm well aware of that sir", I replied. "And you
> are also on the Appropriations Committee. Maybe you can explain what has
> happened to the Udall Bill. WHere is it now, And what has happened to
> the money we were promised. Its been thrown into the NIH bucket, and who
> knows how much of it we'll see......" "You have a good point there", he
> says. "If I get reelected I must look into that"(or words to that
> effect).

I'm sure Congressman Moran and all other congresspersons who supported
Udall will continue to be queried by you, Hilary, Ivan, myself and all
other individuals who have worked so hard for the parkinson community.  We
need to keep the visibility and be focused on pd research on the very tall
"working file pile"on our DC rep/senators' desks.  Can't let pd research go
into the out box and not be touched again until the next election year
fever rises.

> Thanks, Mike,  for your time yesterday in helping draw up the (unasked)
> questions, and I wish they had been asked. But I don't think the effort
> was entirely wasted as I now have a direct contact with another
> congressman.
> Hilary Blue

The personal contacts like this are so very important.  Knowledge is power,
and who you know is as important as what you know.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/11mos