The NEJM web site <www.nejm.org> includes information about acquiring the=
ir
publications. Volume 339 Numbers 15 & 16, the two Review Articles by MD's=

A.E. Lang and A.M. Lozano mentioned over the past few days are likely in
the medical library in your local hospital by now.  The 2 parts total 24
pages including B&W and color graphics

It seems to me that having the document in electronic media, would make i=
much more available to those interested.  Perhaps someone affiliated with=

the publication could request it be provided to this list in electronic
form.  I do not subscribe to NEJM so I am not aware of their policy re
paper or electronic copies.
-----
An example of the terms and conditions under which scientific and
educational information can be interchanged follow:

ACM (Assoc for Computing Machinery) copyright notice.  Permission to make=

digital or hard copies of part or all of this work (Communications of the=

ACM) for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that
copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and=

that copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page.

SCIENCE (AAAS) policy is "Authorization to photocopy material (note silen=
ce
for digital form) for internal or personal use under circumstances not
falling within the fair use provisions of the Copyright Act is granted by=

AAAS to libraries and other users registered with the Copyright Clearance=

Center Transactional Reporting Service, provided that US$4.00 per article=

is paid directly to CCC ... ."
-----
The SUMMARY of the subject article is,

 "At no time in the past have the basic and clinical sciences applied to
Parkinson's disease been so active.  Experimental therapies under study a=
present promise to improve on the limitations of existing treatments. =

Future progress in understanding the causation and pathogenesis of the
disorder will permit the development of new treatments that will slow,
halt, or even reverse the currently inexorable progressive course of
Parkinson's disease"

"[Supported in part by the National Parkinson Foundation and the Parkinso=
Foundation of Canada.  Dr. Lozano is a Medical Research Council of Canada=

Clinician Scientist]"

Bob Cowan <[log in to unmask]>