Ivan,

I want you to know that it was reading your posts about the availability of
 your video tape of your interview on the Maine talk show in early 1998,
that was the first seed implanted in my brain that perhaps I could be an
advocate for Parkinson's.  At that time, as a newly dx pwp, I knew so
little about the disease or what long term life w/pd could be about.  As I
learned, lurked and eventually participated on list, I looked forward to
your posts, and was encouraged by your positive outlook and saddened when
you were not well or had problems due to pd, caregiver problems, etc.

Now, I, too, can claim that I'm an advocate for Parkinson's and feel proud
that my senator from MO, "Kit" Bond has taken the step with the other 10
senators to address the issue of the Udall act being carried out as
originally stated. I ask for Bond's staff member, Joe Pierly, when I call
the DC office and Joe has talked with Michael Claeys of PAN and that helped
clarify for Bond just how important the letter to Sen. Specter of the
appropriations committee was/is.

As a community, we pwp and our friends, families, and concerned other
persons must keep reminding those who represent us in DC that we are
watching and observing what is promised and what is actually done.  A
democractic republic is only as strong as it's individual citizens.  We
have to be informed and keep informing others of our needs re:Parkinson's
research.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/11mo.