Hi,

Gerry and Brig wrote:

> I knew Spector would do what ever was necessary to help as long as
> we didn't bug him.

I'm sure he did all he could, and there's lots to be grateful about.
But many last minute deals were made at higher levels, and I just
read from AP via Yahoo.com:

"Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., who heads the Appropriations subcommittee
in charge of labor, health and education programs, spoke of being
excluded from final negotiations and said it was an ``oligarchy'' when
such big decisions were made by so few."

There were differences to be resolved between the House and Senate
bills, and it will be a few days before we see what all came out of
this.

Phil Tompkins