Joan...

While I haven't had the implants yet, but HAVE  had several collagen
injections since May, 1997, I feel that given the CHOICE between one
or the other treatment,  I'd take the implants over the collagen.

The implants have been in use for ten years, according to the
article.  They were just given FDA approval to be used in I variety
of conations.
AND, as I understand it, the benefits of this treatment is permanent,
rather than constantly needing to be redone every few months as must
be done with Th collagen injections.

As soon as I get my Medicare status updated by the Social Security
Admin., I'll set up an appointment with Dr. Burke at UCLA, and'll
post about the procedure here on the List.

You might wanna have collagen injections initially, if you've got
decent medical insurance or are on Medicare, and wait to see what I
think about  the implants - or not, if you're in  hurry to have a
"normal" voice once again.

Keep in mind tho, that I MAY not be having the implants for a few
months --- say 2 to 4 months - depending on how the  SSA  decides to
treat me (so far, it's been the same kinda treatment they'd heap on a
pariah!
in setting up a Medicare account in my name once again.

GOOD LUCK on which ever procedure you decide to go with!

Barb Mallut

Barb Mallut