Friends,

Does anyone have helpful information in the area of
getting approval for Disability Retirement in New York
State? (I'm not referring to Social Security Disability,
but to the disability provision of the N.Y.State Employees'
Retirement System.)

A friend with Parkinson's has been struggling with this
system for 3 years, during which the State Controller's
office twice determined that the PWP was not incapacitated
and could have continued working.

The only recourse now is a "judicial review," for which the
services of a lawyer are recommended. We are looking
for a highly qualified lawyer with expertise in this area.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Margot