I've had the idea recently, with all of the talk about trying to get some
YOPDers and other PWP types on to a tv show, to draw more attention to our
plight.  Well, I'm gonna try contacting some English professors, publishers,
and anyone else along those lines, who might be ab7le to help us find a
source/resource for potentially putting together and publishing a book of
poetry which includes examples from any PWPers who would like to
participate.  It seems that there is somehow a connection for many of us
between the onset  of our illness and our budding creativity.

If anyone in any of the national PD groups, or anyone else, has access to
these sorts of resources, please let me or the list in general know.
However, I'd first like to get a feel of how many of you would like to
participate by sending in a couple examples of your work, should we get this
going.  I think 2-3 poems per person, depending on how many chose to
participate, would be good (maybe have somewhere on the order of 100 poems
total).
Hey, maybe we could link the idea of having 100 pd poems to the upcoming new
century,  and to the idea of beating pd early next century. (if not
before!).

I know that some individuals on this list, have on their own, previously had
some of their work published, so if you guys that have had have any
suggestions on where to begtin, those would also be appreciated.

It seems like the book stores these days are filled with self-help books,
alternative healing books, and also books written by people with various
illnesses, documenting their experiences.  I think that something like this
would fit right in there, and I would personally advocate that all profits,
not otherwise going to the publisher themself, be given to pd research.

Wendy Tebay