Dear Ken Aidekman and friends,

I just want to add that if my friend and caregiver, Jay Forys, had not
seen me through the 7-month winter in Maine, never complaining, always
worrying about me and helping me, I never could have achieved  what I
have done during this past year.

He is staying, for the moment, with his large family in New Jersey, and
deserves a huge amount of credit.  He has posted a few messages on the
Parkinson's List, and frequently read the list with me,  and suggested
things to me to help me be more effective.  Some of you know his name
from my posts to the list earlier this year.

In Washington, he was there for me when I couldn't function.  Many of you
who attended the PAN Forum met him.  He accompanied me when I met with
Senator Collins' health legislative aide, Senator Snowe, Senator Reed of
Rhode Island, and Representative Baldacci.  He also met with
Representative
Allen here in Maine on April ll, and assisted me with every aspect of my
work on  Parkinson's.

He even wrote an English paper while a student at the University of
Southern Maine, on Ropinerole. His English professor gave him the only
"A" in her entire class in College Writing!

I just want to see that he, too, gets some of the accolades you are
showering on me.
He can be written c/o his dad, Thaddeus Forys, at 63 Washington Place,
East Rutherford, New Jersey,  07073. He is staying in Carlstadt, NJ
(spelling?) for the moment, near his brother and sister-in-law's house,
and is working in Carlstadt.

When I look back at the November, 1997 through June, 1998, and all that I
did during  that time, he was always there for me, along with his two
children, Jenny and Nicky, on weekends and school vacations.

It is almost impossible to imagine that I would have made it to the Forum
without his help-whether it was pushing me in a wheelchair  across
airports, packing and unpacking bags, helping me to get from one place to
another in the corridors of the Dirksen Building, letting me know what I
missed (I was too sick to hear Senator Wellstone's dinner time address,
but Jay was there), constantly checking on me,
assisting me with many ordinary activities-like safe showering, buttoning
buttons, carrying my  packages, bookbag and suitcases, assisting me with
heating pads and blankets when I had sudden, crashing, off-periods, and
most of all, always keeping me laughing and smiling, when I was too
exhausted to function.

The list of what he did for me is endless. Caregivers are sometimes the
unsung heroes and heroines of the PD world.

I hope some of you who met him and had time to talk to him might write
him to thank him for being the unsung hero that made my advocacy so much
more effective.

Yours,
Ivan
^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12/9.5         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses       deg. F