Keith Chancey wrote:

> I know most us PWP have lost much of our ability to smell, but does
> antone else get a smell "stuck" in their mind?  I will sometimes
> encounter a strong smell that will stay with me long after I am no
> longer exposed to it.  Also, I can't describe it adequately, because I
> doubt I am processing it like normal people do.

My roughly similar experience seems to be olfactory hallucination.
For years I used to work on cars in my garage, often cleaning things
with gasoline, alcohol, paint thinner, and other organic solvents.
Now, 4 years after diagnosis of PD, I can hardly recognize any of
those odors, but on rare occasions I sense an odor that is vaguely
"chemical" but comes from nowhere. Not troubling or disabling, but
I wonder sometimes why those nearby can't smell it. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road