Patti,

I generally do not respond to the give and take of members of this list,
but I like you, take exception. I to your condemnation of the humor of the
group. It certainly is your right not to laugh or to delete, but I'm not
sure about the need to put others down for their sense of humor. I have
been a member of this list for 3 years, and have found the members of this
group to be amongst the most caring and sensitive of folks. Humor, as you
know, is one way we can cope with reality. Jokes are often a way to cope
with concrete and bitter reality.I suggest that if you want to do a content
analysis of the joke, you might consider the composition of our list
membership. We are composed of folks who have a very personal stake in
Parkinson's, we all hope for a cure for this most difficult status of life,
we are not going to get younger, but older, and we all are very worried
about our future. We worry a great deal about what pleasures we do have and
have lost. Our jokes are ways we can find a bit of humor about those
circumstances. We are already too aware of the nature of reality.

I don't think I would have answered your postings, for all have the RIGHT
to opinion, but I'm not to certain of scolding for our RIGHT to our humor.