Dear Bonnie:
Thank you very much for your reply to my message. I am very interested in
being placed on your mailing list for literature and magazines. I know that
my father has looked into internet sites for Parkinson's because I found the
bookmarks in his browser, but I don't know if he has requested any
literature or not. I definitely do not want him to be placed on the list by
my referral. I just talked with my mother this weekend and told her that I
have wanted to talk to him about it, but she said he would be very upset if
I did. His symptoms started about a year and a half to two years ago when he
was 56 with a slight rocking tremor in his right hand and forearm. The most
noticeable thing was his difficulty in writing - his words are very small
and sometimes hard for even him to read. Now his movements are as if he is
in slow motion and he tends to list to one side when sitting or standing. He
is very emotional about things, TV commercials can even affect him. Is this
also part of the disease? He has been depressed, although in the past two
years he has lost both of his parents - his mother just two months ago - and
this could certainly account for his depression. He still does outside work
and spends alot of time on the computer (it is a significant part of his
job). He is a highly educated professional so ignorance shouldn't be a
factor, but I can't understand why he doesn't want my sister and I to know
about it. I suppose I can understand about outsiders - maybe he is concerned
about his job. My mother is also concerned about his ability to drive.
Anyway, thank you again for your response. My address will follow. Lorraine

Lorraine Hill
1324 Penn Forest Streams
Jim Thorpe, PA 18229