To Bonnie and All,
        Is it so unusual for a PWP  to be reluctant to admit to family that they
have Parkinson's?  I know it was foolish but the only people I admitted it to
for years was my husband of course and a best friend many states away who
is very knowledgeable about neurology.  I didn't tell the rest of the family
for
YEARS.  Of course, they all knew there was something wrong but since my
mother-in-law had such a terrible time with PD in the mid 60's I felt I was
keeping
them from worrying.  Wrong.  I was not sleeping at the time and I tried to
convince them it was sleep-deprivation.  It was that but of course, much more.

        I had a wedding day after reception for both sides of the new brides family
and the mother of the groom who is a nurse asked my two daughters "how long
has your mother had Parkinson's and what is she taking for it".  She did not
know
I had not  put that name on it, but I could no longer not give it it's proper
name.

        Of course, I know I should have told the family a lot sooner and saved them
a lot of worry, but that is hindsight.  I guess my biggest fear was pity.  Is
this
so unusual?

        helenjc