Bruce Anderson wrote:

> Anyone who knows about AIDs, no matter how low their IQ, and who
> gives a damn, can avoid getting it ... Are not the only one we are
> protecting now are those who DON'T give a damn?  Are we spending
> our money on people who don't deserve it?

Should public medical funding in general (research funds included)
be reduced in proportion to which the patient is responsible for
his/her condition? If yes, we then have to apply this to lung
cancer, heart disease, diabetes, injuries resulting from dangerous
activities, etc, etc, etc. Why pick on just one group? The same
principle applies to us all, at one time or another.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 60/dx 1990