hi bruce

you wrote in part:
>Robin of PDF  - i do not think you can call AIDS communicable,
>not like polio was or tyhoid or measles or TB.  Anyone who knows
>about AIDs, no matter how low their IQ, and who gives a damn,
>can avoid getting it (except for those extraordinary instances of
>accidental sticking by hiddden needles, etc - a true handful.).

not true

aids has been around and spreading for longer than we knew

the image of aids needs to be changed/updated
just as much as the image of pd needs to be changed/updated

aids is running rampant in third world countries
the incidence of aids in new born children in africa is so massive
that projections of the entire world's population have had to be lowered

>...Are not the only one we are protecting now are those
>who DON'T give a damn?  Are we spending our money
>on people who don't deserve it?  Yeah, i think we might be...

people who don't "deserve" it?
we are all children created from the same power

not one of us is more deserving than another
even if we do something stupid

to be human is to do both stupid and brilliant things
to be human is to learn and grow and change

>The AIDS numbers are WAY down - education has been successful.

only in our wealthy spoiled tiny portion of the planet

>Put a condom on it before you stick it in.

condoms aren't a 100% successful method of birth-control
they cannot be a 100% successful method of stopping aids

>Why are WE, not the "Federal Government" or Congress,
>spending ANY more money, much less hundreds of millions
>of MORE dollars, on it?

because we
the wealthy spoiled tiny portion of this planet's population
have the bucks

as well as the human desire to end the suffering of other humans
[i hope]

>...i didn't think we should be bad-mouthing other people's causes
>in our fight for PD $.   But i think it is time. $100,00,000.00 is NOT
>enough, and since there is clearly a limited number of dollars
>available i think we have to look around for it.

research is an art as much as a science
it is work being done by humans like you and me

there are no guarantees that any amount of money will cure pd
someone may already have the cure now but can't see it

how many people looked at apples fallling from trees
before newton made the gravity connection?

how many apples had newton himself seen falling from trees
before newton made the gravity connection?

>...It Is A Matter of Fairness & Equity!

life is not 'fair' as we understand the term
never has been and never will be
that's one of the tests
like it or lump it

so, bruce, my dear cyber-sibling,
what else are you going to do with your anger and your frustration?

janet