Been there, done that --lumpectomy and radiation.  Once the diagnosis is made,
you have to do it.  And yes, there's an excellent chance of cure.  However, as
with any stress, the surgery and radiation make whatever PD symptoms you have
somewhat worse and it may take 6 months or more to recover.  Also, even
without PD, radiation may knock the socks off you.  One woman I know who did
not have PD said it very well, "I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck."  So,
do what you have to do but be kind to yourself, rest a lot, and don't expect
to feel normal (whatever that is for you) for 6 to 12 months.  And,
unfortunately, the doctors don't tell it to you straight.

Good luck!