Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:50:50 -0400 judith richards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<<<< Two years before I was diagnosed, I was referred to a neurologist
because of my headaches, but at that time they were attributed to stress.
Since I started taking Sinemet, I haven't had any migraines. >>>>

For 25 years before I was diagnosed, I had regularly "classic" migraines.
About at the same time PD-like-symptoms became more apparent PD-symptoms,
the frequency, intensity and longtitude (sp?) of the migraines became
significantly less severe.

<<<< The researchers note that in those patients whose migraine symptoms
improved, the improvement often coincided with the start of Parkinson's drug
therapy, mainly levodopa or dopamine agonists. >>>>

I noticed NO difference using PD-meds or not in the migraines after
"PD-onset". This sequence of 5 years with much less severe migraines however
ended abruptly last month, when I had a few "heavy" ones again (without a
change in PD-meds!). (I hope it was only a short interludium....).

<<<< He pointed out that other drugs that imitate the action of dopamine
``are effective prophylactic agents in migraine.'' >>>>

Dopamine(-like) agents are (as far as I know) already sometimes used against
(heavy) migraines.

Hans.