Kathie:

You go girl!!!  Way to tell 'em!  .

****************
you posted:

......It's about time you guys lightened up
on your cyber-patrol for snake oil. This product will really help some
people. It's not for everyone, but what is?.....

**************

I'm all for any "snake-oil" which works.  I was at some pd conference once,
and stood up to ask a question / make a comment, that I think it would be
useful to also cover topics at these events, which include alternative
therapies like acupuncture, etc.  A few minutes later a woman got up to say
that she had tried acupuncture, but had quit it cuz didn't work - i.e., it
didn't "cure" her.  Well, duh!  And I mean, DUH!!  I have yet to see a
conventional treatment which has cured anyone yet either.  Acupucture is
believed to help slow the progresion of pd,  not cure it, but at the moment,
slow is good, as far as progression goes.  I even have an article,
originally published in a Chinese medical journal, which discusses the use
of scalp acupuncture for neurological problems, including pd.

The only other "cures" I've recently heard of on this list (particularly the
evangelical one) have also been bashed when first posted.  Maureen Salaman
(Making Healthy Choices), is about the only practicioner whom I've seen,
openly and adamantly, state that PD, as well as many other incurable neuro
diseases, are in fact reversible (with nutrition).  I'm sure she gets bashed
alot, but she seems to hold her ground pretty well.

Personally, I'm keeping my mind open, to all ideas, until I hear
definitively otherwise.  I think efforts spent in bashing something
prematurely, would be better spent in exploring the possibilities.  Critical
thinking and examination of any new claim is a good idea, but why is it we
accept with comparative docility each announcement of a new conventional
treatment?  We seem to accept their validity and usefulness with hardly a
murmur.

Go Kathie!!!

Wendy Tebay