Jeannette Fuhr wrote:
>I like most pwp I've met and think the contact via the list, internet,
>group mtgs or personal chats on phone or in person are vital to our
>supporting each other.  Without all you pwp and caregivers'/family members
>of pwp, I would certainly feel like I was on a desert island... you have
>empathy...have walked in the shoes...worn the t-shirt.  Thanks for all your
>help!!!!

I'd like to echo Jeannette's, Barb Mallut's and Judith Richards' comments
and share something that another PWP, Elliott Haynes from Shrewsbury VT
wrote me when we were new and on our own "desert island":

>I've gotten to know  some  magnificent souls as a Parkie, and it's become
clear that because Parkinson's  generally  knocks the crap out of even the
most arrogant,  the great  run of  its victims are real human beings more
likely than not to have a rich  sense of humor  and able to discern and
focus on the things in life that have meaning  and importance.  Praise  the
Lord!"

These words have meant so much to me, and so true.  We now have a growing
support group in the Sherman TX area, and the words of encouragement,
direct and indirect, we have received from other PWPs have been most
instrumental in encouraging our activities.  Gotta help each other!

BTW, for those who remember Elliott, Jim and I visited him and Polly at
their farm in VT in September, just after his release from a nursing home
stay for rehab from a fall.  Found him having a really hard time getting
around, but full of fight and spirit. A truly "magnificent soul!"

Emily Jackson, CG Jim, 70/3