                                       JUST FOR TODAY
                                  by Dr. Joseph Kaminetsky

Just for today I will be happy. Just for today I will try to adjust myself to
what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires.  I will take my
family, my business, and my luck, just as they come and fit myself to them.
Just for today I will strengthen my mind.  I will learn something useful.  I
will not be a mental loafer.
I will read something that requires effort, thought, and concentration.

Just for today I will take care of my body.  I will exercise it, care for it,
nourish it, not  neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my
bidding.  Just
for today I will exercise my soul.  I will do somebody a good turn and not get
found
out.  I will do at least two things I don't want to do.

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as
becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with praise, not
find fault with anything and not try to regulate nor improve anyone.

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not tackle my whole
life problem at once.  I will jot down what I expect to do.  I may not follow
it exactly, but I will have it.  It will perhaps help eliminate two problems,
hurry and indecision.

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax.  In this
half hour sometimes I will take a toll of my life to see if in all my rushing
and busying that I'm not actually missing my goal; and ask myself again what
is my true goal in this short life on this great earth.  And sometimes I will
think of God,so as to get a little more perspective into my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid.  I will especially not be afraid to be
happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love, and to believe that those I love,
love me.  And I would
add the words of Elliston: "How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches
it."