At 06:01 PM 10/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Barbara Mallut wrote:
>> I'd like to see all newly diagnosed PWPs be contacted by another
>> Parkie who will act as a contact person ...a tactful one... with
>> answers to the myriads of questions the newby Parkie may have, and
>> suggestions and hints on how best to adapt to the disease and to ease
>> newly diagnosed into a support group sooner, rather than later.
>
>        When a newly diagnosed young onset contacts the Parkinson office
here,
>they are invited to join our support group. If they are interested, they
>are told that they will be called by one of the leaders. Then, either
>Joe (co-leader) or I (whichever) call the new person and invite them to
>meet us at our home.
>        This past summer we had two new couples here with the four of us -
Joe
>and his wife, Donna, and Al and myself. We have found that small
>meetings like this make new PWP more comfortable prior to meeting the
>whole group.
>        Sometimes they are not ready to join the group, but prefer to meet
and
>talk to someone one on one. In that case, Joe or I will be contacted to
>set up a meeting. Joe has even met new PWP in a coffee shop - sort of
>neutral territory.
>        There are contact people available to talk to older newly
diagnosed PWP
>and/or their spouses, too.
>
>> I suspect my experience was an extreme because of that one man, but
>> it haunted me the whole time that I spent working up to going to the
>> group again.
>
>I had a similar experience which is one of the reasons I like to invite
>newbies here.
>
>Judith
>--
>Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
>                         ^^^
>                         \ /
>                       \  |  /   Today’s Research
>                       \\ | //         ...Tomorrow’s Cure
>                        \ | /
>                         \|/
>                       ```````
> JUDITH you see my nero had me working one on one and our group. as now i
got  2 i am working on.  one is driving me up the wall. even on his love
live. how can an old good looking talk to a some one a bout sex lo lo?
yesterday on phone about 1 hour. gaing slowly just let you know its a good
idea. i did try to tell list how to get up if they don't have a lift chairm
and use a cane to get up. but no respose from any body. you and AL know
some of the things to help PWP'S (i have).  C U

                                          I.Y.Q.  DON & VIVIAN