Ayurvedic medicine uses the mucuna bean, a different bean than fava. I
believe the research you are referring to resulted in a product called
HP-200, which is pretty much ground mucuna, and is available in India.
Mucuna powder is available over the Internet, and in some major cities
like Los Angeles.

Kathie Tollifson