Janet,

You echoed my sentiments but much more nicely.  I think it speaks
volumes about a person if they have a genuine discussion without
resorting to name calling/bad language.  You do it so effortlessly.
Thank You.

Another subtle point that I noticed in Kathie's email is:
- she did not ack that she received some finacial compensation for
  her recommendations
- she did not come staright out saying that the person she bought
the snake-oil from was not running a regular business.  It seemed
as if they would open themselves to being asked for research funds
by the guy,
- even if the sanke-oil worked (IMHO pharmaceutical companies are
really out to get their $$ and if they find something that works
better than SInemet etc. they would rush it to market and they
would like to pocket the $$.  WHy is this not happening in this
case I wonder?) what about the disruption in supply?

From a personal standpoint, we chased after numerous snake-oils/
faith healings/whatnot in my childhood when my father went blind.
It was very traumatic for all of us, and very very expensive.  Our
life finally settled down to normalcy when we ack-ed that there
would be no reversing the clock on this.

I think it is terribly wrong to mislead people- esp. the new ones
who are recently dignosed and are going thru the 'is-this-treatment-
really-worth-all-this-trouble?', do I really have PD? cycles.

Thanx for letting me have my say.

abi (Dad, 73/4)