my urolgist consulted my neurologist prior to getting me on Hytrin
about 2 years ago. I was having all kinds of bladder symptoms, which
were described by my urologist as neurogenic. I try to remember to take
one red capsule(5 mg.)every night, and ususally am reminded when I get
up to go and have to wait and wait for a stream. That has been its
greatest benefit for me in that I can get a stream going and empty out
more thoroughly. When I knew I needed help, I had had  nights with 4-5
times up to go and frequency during day time about every hour.
        I had noticed a number of cold medicines that tightened me up over the
years(any with aantihistamines), but It was my months on eldepryl that
got me so messed up, I quit it in spite of a feeling ., I was being
helped.  I had even graduated to using shields and diapers, and that put
a lot of strain on a trip to visit our Iowa kids. We have lots of
interstate to travel, and I would usually get an urge when there was no
rest stop or sutable interchange in sight.