[This message is being cross-posted wildly and widely. Apologies to those
who receive many millions of copies. --Eric]

The NCTE Executive Committee is currently considering sites for future
Annual Conventions and Spring Conferences and would like to invite you and
any NCTE groups you represent to provide input on this important selection
process.

We've set up a web page that presents site selection criteria and includes
a form you can use to convey your ideas to the Executive Committee.

  http://www.ncte.org/meet/convention/site/

Events under consideration include the Annual Convention for 2002 and 2003
and the Spring Conference for 2002. If you would like to have a chance to
make your views known on which cities would be the best places to host
these events, please take a few minutes to visit the web page and add your
comments.

The Executive Committee plans to address the site selection issue at its
meeting in Nashville, so we need all comments by November 16. Our
apologies for the short notice.

--Eric Crump
  NCTE