Doug,

i am a  doctoral candidate  in the Faculty ofEducation at SFU, and janet
giltrow ismy senior supervisor,  and I  am jsut now finishing  teaching the
writing course tha Rick Coe developed (Eng 371 - Writng Theory and
practice)  I have also served as the course marker for an on-line
compostion course for teachers of writing  through the Faculty of Education
and theCentre for Distance Education at Simon Frasser University.

Your course sounds interesting ( reflective practice) - with community
based care - My MA thesis  explored the politics of "writing up" in a
mental health  boarding home and in that document I explored the need for a
critically reflexive awareness about institutional textual practices.

My dissertation is surrently exploring  the development of a "reflexive
genre" with a group of Feminist Literacy workers who wrote and shared a
"travelling journal"  across a range of geographical and institutional
settings.

if you think I would be a suitable candidate - I would be  pleased to pass
along my CV.

cheers

Kathryn Alexander

>I'm putting out feelers for someone who might be interested in teaching
>a quarter course in writing for the University of Calgary's
>long-distance rehab studies program at Douglas College.
>
>Rehabilitation Studies has a Community of Learners program that features
>cohorts of learners in various places in the country.  Most are adult
>learners with diplomas in various aspects of community care who are
>upgrading to a Bachelor's degree.  They take some courses by distance ed
>and some are taught by local instructors on site.
>
>A Vancouver cohort will be starting this January at Douglas College.
>One of the courses that students will be taking is called "Reflective
>Practice in Community Rehabilitation," a course that--guess
>what--encourages students to reflect on the meaning of "practice" in all
>its forms.  It is formally paired with a quarter course in writing,
>Academic Writing 301, offered under the auspices of the U of C Effective
>Writing program.  The content of the reflective practice course provides
>the occasion for writing (and researching etc) in the ACWR course.  Very
>WID.
>
>So now we need someone who would like to pick up a few bucks
>(approximately 2000 of them, I believe) for teaching the course this
>January to April.  Instruction is concentrated into chunks of time once
>a month.  There would be some flexibility in timing to suit the
>instructor's other obligations.
>
>Anyone out there interested, or know somebody who would be interested?
>Judy, Rick, Janet, do you know any good part-time people who could use
>some extra work?
>
>Doug
>--
>Doug Brent
>Co-ordinator, Undergraduate Program in Communications Studies
>Associate Dean, Academic Programs and Faculty Affairs
>Faculty of General Studies, University of Calgary
>(403) 220-5458
>Fax: (403) 282-6716
>http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~dabrent

Kathryn Alexander,