---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:22:26 -0500 (EST)
From: Tari Fanderclai <[log in to unmask]>
To: ACW-L <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], nwe-l <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CW99 Online Call for Proposals

Please give this information to groups or individuals who might be
interested.  Thanks for your patience if you get multiple copies of this
message!

The deadline for CW99 Online proposals is Noon EST on November 13, so
we're reposting our call for proposals as a reminder.

We're looking for proposals that make interesting use of a MOO forum,
proposals from those who can't travel to present at the face to face
portion of the conference, proposals from those who are presenting at the
face to face conference but have other aspects of their work they'd also
like to get out to an audience, proposals from people who'd like to bring
their students along to participate in the presentation...

The basic format is this:  You'll put your paper or other materials on a
web site for conference attendees to read or examine ahead of time, and
then conduct a discussion, a round table, a demonstration--whatever is
appropriate to your topic--on the MOO Connections.  We'll have helpers for
everything you need help with--basic MOOing, a place to post your paper,
someone to add basic html to your paper--whatever you need.  We're willing
to accept topics that fit the conference theme and help the authors adapt
for the online forum, so don't hesitate just because you're unfamiliar
with MOO!  What other conference will ask *you* what day and time you want
to present?

We are requiring that presenters not do exactly the same thing at both the
online and face to face conferences, but don't let that stop you from
proposing an aspect of your face to face topic for the online
conference--after all, what's an area of expertise for?  If you do send
the same proposal to both conferences, we'll coordinate with the reading
committee for the face to face conference, and ultimately let you choose
which forum you prefer.

See our original call for proposals below, see our web page at
http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~tari/cw99online/, and if you have questions or
want something clarified, write to any program committee member!

Looking forward to your proposals!

* * Announcing the Computers and Writing '99 Online Conference! * *

As part of the 15th Computers and Writing Conference, CW99 Online offers
you a chance to participate in online conference events dedicated to the
conference theme of Tradition and Technology.  These will be unique
events--not simply "too bad you won't be there for the real thing" versions
of what you'll get in South Dakota!  CW99 Online runs from March
1 to June 7, 1999 and will include keynote speakers, presentations,
roundtables, panels, workshops, Town Hall sessions, and discussions in many
forums.  We'll hold real-time events on the MOO Connections, and we'll use
listservs for ongoing discussions.

Please see the CW99 Online site, linked to the conference page at

http://cw99.sdsmt.edu/

or go directly to the CW99 Online page at

http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~tari/cw99online/

We invite your proposals for workshops, panels, presentations, roundtables,
and any other kind of session you can imagine holding on a MOO.  We intend
to provide lots of support for new MOOers who want to present, so don't
worry if you don't know how to use a MOO.  We'll also hold new MOOers
sessions for those who need some help in order to attend events.

Get involved in CW99 Online now--propose a session, become a CW99 Online
volunteer--or do both and get *two* lines on your vita!  See the web site
for all the information you need, and if you can't find what you need
there, please write to one of us!

Your CW99 Online Program Committee,

Tari Fanderclai
Human Factors Engineer, Collaborative Applications and Infrastructure
The MITRE Corporation

James A. Inman
Spencer Fellow, English and Education
University of Michigan

Sharon Cogdill
Associate Dean, College of Fine Arts and Humanities
St. Cloud State University