ListFriends:

Re: Ms. Herman's concern about the "lucky to have PD" quote:

Of course she is basically correct.  NO-ONE should be considered "lucky" to
have Parkinson's disease.  But the context of the quotation was clear and
important: doctors will tell you that compared with most OTHER neurological
disorders they have to deal with, there's more help available (seven or eight
medications, several surgical approaches etc) for the Parkinson's patient.

I completely understand Ms. Herman's concern and she makes a necessary point.
But I do think most readers will appreciate the context.

robin elliott, parkinsons disease foundation