My newly- elected Democratic State Representative, Bill Norbert, walked
door-to-door before getting elected by a 2000 to 1100 margin. He visited
my house twice as he campaigned.
He unseated the Republican incumbent.  Rep.-elect Norbert's 900 vote
margin was surprisingly decisive.
  He wrote me a note, on October 30, requesting my vote on November 2.
.His note says, in closing, "Let's chat about Parkinson's policy soon."

So here is both recognition for how far we as a Parkinson's Community
have come. We have been prioritized by a FIRST TERM legislator-elect.
This is an opportunity to talk about going beyond Senate Paper 868, the
1988 Parkinson's Awareness Month Resolution of the State of Maine, into
visions of "policy."

It seems to me that "policy"  involves creating various types of
Parkinson's legislation-such as care, public education, housing,
employment issues, public accommodation, research, and access to
treatment options, both at home and in hospital  and nursing settings..

I would like to compile Parkinson's legislation from around the world,
and would be glad to receive whatever can be sent.  Maine's legislature
convenes in January. I will provide these materials, if sent in
duplicate, to Mr. Norbert, and to re-elected State Senator, Joel
Abromson.  Mr. Abromson sponsored S 868, much of which I was involved in
authoring and editing.

I would be curious to know what Dennis Greene  of Australia,and others
would envision as "Parkinson's policy" for the millennium.

^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12/9.5         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses       deg. F