Today we saw Peter's neuro, Dr Arif Dalvi, at the Aring Institute of
Neurology in Cincinnati.  He made some comments which m,ay be of interest,
and worth asking your own doc about if they relate to you:

Re: Tasmar , which they have studied at the clinic, he said about 50% of
patients on it developed dyskinesia.  He believes that it should be started
gradually, one tablet in the A.M., and titrated up to the recommended dose
of 3 tabs.in more advanced patients, while those who have ben dxd only a
few years may safely start out at 3 a day, the full dose decommended by the
drug company.

Re: cold hands and feet, which Peter has had for years, he said this is NOT
a circulatory  disorder., but due to the problems in the autonomic nervous
system caused by PD. This rang a bell with Peter, as he has suffered from
this for many years pre-PD dx, and was always told his circulation was FINE
!, Is this perhaps another unrecognized early symptom?

Re: confusion/hallucinations  he said that if Peter has more trouble of
this kind he would recommend the newer anti-psychotic, Seroquel, rather
than Clozaril or Zyprexa.

Re: extreme sleepiness in the A.M. which Peter now has-- "try caffeine
--coffee tea or Mountain Dew, the soft drink which is loaded with caffeine!
Or even (joking??) a nicotine patch!

This is an excellet movement disorder clinic, which we would recommend to
anyone in the vicinity of Cincinnati--for us, well worth an hour's drive
from Oxford.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *     Ask  me about the  "CARE " list    *
           *     for caregivers of Parkinsonians   *