Ivan wrote:

>    Would you share with us any thoughts you may have about how
> Parkinson's is diagnosed and treated in China?

Ivan,

The few cases of Parkinson's that I have seen here in Beijing were in
young people and were of the post-encephalitic type.  Their method of
diagnosis and treatment appears to be no different than in the
States.  The Rehab facilities (where I gave my presentation) are very
extensive, but the equipment is somewhat antiquated (1970's vintage)
but the therapists are very dedicated.  The treatment, however, is
very costly (this is not a "workers paradise" as far as medical care
is concerned and China is becoming more and more "capitalist" daily)
and the average person cannot afford the treatment.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Professional Corporation
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
Telephone:  510-849-2555  FAX:  510-849-2557
E-Mail:  <[log in to unmask]>
CompuServe:  72303,3442
World-Wide Web:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"