Marty Rose wrote:

> I  have developed in the past month or so the worst stiff neck I have
> ever had.  It has come on gradually,  but is definitely something I
> cannot deal with much longer.  I get shooting pains up the back of my
> head  when I turn my head a certain way and trying to lie down in bed
> is very pauinful.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?
> Please - any suggestions are welcome!!!
>
> Marty
>  [Image]

------------------------------
Marty, I had just the stiff neck/neck pains you describe about 2 - 3 years ago.
I tried heat, cold, physical therapy (exercise and traction),  chiropractic
treatments, and variious types of pain killers and muscle relaxers
none of which helped at all. for several months I got very little
sleep because it was too painful to lay my head down. Then I ran accross an
article on Cervical Dystonia which described just what I had been experiencing. I
took the article to my PCP and was referred to a Neurologist that treats Dystonia.
The Neurodoc confirmed the Dystonia and said it was no doubt a secondary condition to
my PD. He treats it with  BOTOX (Botulinum Toxin) injections    in the site of the
muscle spasms. At first I needed the treatment repeated every 3 - 4 months but it's
been a year since the last treatment and I am just recently feeling a little discomfort
creeping in. I hope this helps. I vividly recall how much pain I experienced with that.
Best of luck

Ben
Ben   (