Hi Marty,
        I think you should call your neuro this a.m. and tell him/her about your
symptoms.  Shooting pains up your neck into your head need prompt medical
evaluation in my opinion.
        I have had neck problems for as long as I've had PD.  I have taken
Amitriptyline (Elavil), which among its attributes does help with neck pain
and is the reason it was prescribed for me.  For years, I took 25 mg nightly;
currently I take 50 mg nightly.  I also wear a neck brace when in a car, and
occasionally at other times.
        For the last few years, I have had weekly massages by a massage therapist
with special attention paid to my neck.  Heat also seems to help some.

Regards,

Barbara Blake-Krebs 58/1984
Merriam  KS
<<
I  have developed in the past month or so the worst stiff neck I have ever
had.  It has come on gradually,  but is definitely something I cannot deal
with much longer.  I get shooting pains up the back of my head  when I turn my
head a certain way and trying to lie down in bed is very pauinful.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Please - any suggestions are welcome!!!

Marty