Dear Friends,

Here is some more information on the research I will be doing. We are just
at the proposal stage right now but hope to be in business by the start of
next year. Some of the areas to be examined are:

1. The relationship between on-line and off-line support groups. (Which is
more effective? Are they complimentary? What is the quality of the
information?

2. The effect of the type of interface on the support group. (What features
do the members like about their current interface? Dislike? Wish their
interface had?)

3. The differences between support groups and topic groups on-line. (What
types of messages are sent? What are the differences in profiles between the
two types of groups?

The ultimate goal of the research is to develop an interface for the on-line
support groups that best meets their needs and most effectively facilitates
the flow of information.

I will be in charge of the PD subjects. Subjects will be identified by a
unique ID. The only time a subject's name will be used is when the messages
are being analyzed and what will be used is a table that links the name to
the ID. I will be the one who collects the messages of the PD group. Once
the messages have been collected I will run a program that will replace the
subject's name in any messages with their ID number. Once this is
accomplished I will destroy the table and there will be no link between the
data and the subject's name. (My lips are sealed.)

The research team will create a webpage for the project. Anyone interested
will be able to access at least the home page. I will have a link to it on
my home page.

Bruce
57/9
Sinemet, Mirapex & Tasmar