I gather from your posts on the listserv that a majority of you are unhappy
with the contents of the Parade article. I'm sorry for that, I had hoped
that it would go into more detail. However, as Robin Elliot stated, this
article was not geared towards the well educated person with Parkinson's
but rather towards people that know virtually nothing about the disease.

I'm pleased to inform you that it has been very successful in doing just
that -- creating awareness and in informing less educated patients that
help is available.

In anticipation of the article, NPF hired temporary staff to answer the
phones and take requests for information. The 800# lines have been so busy,
that we had to bring even more people in this afternoon. Anyone who calls
our 800# for information receive a pack of educational literature that
includes booklets on nutrition, excercise, speech, coping strategies, new
drugs, as well as a general handbook and our quarterly Parkinson Report. My
point being that the article is indirectly educating people that knew
nothing about PD by directing them to NPF for further information. I
believe that based on this alone, Parade has done a great service to many.