Hi - my name is Carol and I am the part time caretaker for my Dad who is
79 and has had Parkinson's since 1972.

My Dad is still able to care for himself but I had to move him closer to
me last summer as he was alone in Oregon and had either a mild stroke or
a serious drug reaction and I was afraid to leave him alone any longer.
Of course he protested about this and it broke my heart but he has his
own apartment here and is adjusting very well. The Southern Calif winter
is much better than the snow in Oregon and he's really starting to
appreciate that.

I have had as much trouble as he has accepting the "bad days".  It seems
there is no rhyme nor reason towhy some days are better than others.  I
am learning about themedications and we did find an excellent
neurologist at Loma Linda (where I work).

I will probably mostly lurk as I have little free time but I know I will
enjoy hearing about the experiences of others.  Thank you forlistening.

Carol Mountjoy
Southern California