Hi Susan:

I am sorry I am not able to help with your mother's situation as my husband
is newly diagnosed, but what you said:

 ( Why are people alway better at the
moment they see the neurologist and then they go home and they are the same
or worse? )

Really struck a chord with me!!!  This is my mother in law to a Tee.  When
we take her to the neurologist, she passes 'his' memory test and he can't
seem to understand why we are so concerned about her.  But let her get home
that same day and she calls my sister in law 8 times in a row asking for a
telephone number that she has been given each time.  She has written it
down each time and yet lost it each time.

Has your mother's neurologist been to see her in the hospital?

My very best to both you and your mother!!

Juelie McLean  CG/Dan 50/dx98