 My friend Barb & all: I have been thinking about what Barb wrote about
rereading the article in Parade & especially the part about having to
justify our disease and our problems to the world. I can say that from
my point of view, it's our damn determination to keep a  "Positive
Mental Attitude" which on some days is all that gets me through. No
wonder we're sending out the wrong signals!
We all know that if we give up & give in to PD, we are sure to suffer
mental anguish & despair, so we keep up the PMA as a coping mechanism. I
can say that I have never met so many "quiet heroes" as I have since
joining this list-even the vocal ones (I include myself) are so busy
being determined to best this disease, that the world sees our PMA &
assumes that we are doing fine. I don't know which is worse: struggling
to get out of the car while someone chatters on about the weather or
having them ask me if they can help-to which I'll always reply: "I can
do it myself, thanks!" I guess what I really want them to do is hold out
an arm & just yank without me having to admit that I need help. Ah, but
that would be in a
perfect world & in a perfect there wouldn't be PD...or insensitivity!
So, on goes my PMA & out I go to face another day!

Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL
"Do or do not. There is no try."  Yoda
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/snyder/page1.htm