Hello Susan,

Welcome to the list family.  This is a good place to find out about coping
with Parkinson's.  I hopoe your mom finds with your help a competent neuro
who deals w/movement disorders and can find meds that will correct her
freezing.  Be persistent and such a dr. will be found.

Hospitalization can be frightening, but look at it as an opportunity to
have evaluations of mom and ask alot of questions and be sure a neuro is
involved in her treatment.  Your mom needs you to be her vocal advocate
while she's ill.  She is lucky to have you as her dghtr/caregiver.  I'm
sure with proper neurological evaluation your mom can be helped and
improve.  Other list members who have been through situations like your
mom's will soon be e-mailing you.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/dx Nov. 97