Joan 'n All....

Ya know.. . as I read your comments I got the mental picture of a
beloved childhood storybook character, known world wide in one form
or another, which is almost a role model for them of us fighting the
daily battle to remain independent while living with Parkinson's ....

I see us Parkies as being like the "Little Engine that Could,"
battling his way over the tall mountains with a load of Christmas
gifts for the children in the valley below.  As he slowly chugged up
the mountain, he kept saying, "I think I can.... I think I can.... I
KNOW I CAN!!"

And he  accomplished his goal!

Each day we each face our own form of the tall mountains and each day
so many of we Parkies say to ourselves and the world, "I think I
can....
I think I can.... I KNOW I can!"  We find indeed we CAN do what we've
set out to do - no matter how tough the battle!

Hey - maybe our Parkinson's logo should be that little train, and our
PD motto might become "I think I can.... I think I can.... I KNOW I
CAN!" <smiling>

Barb Mallut