From: Karen Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, November 01, 1998 8:43 PM
Subject: passion flower

My father has had Parkinson for 11 years.  He is taking the normal parkinson
medications but is finding his off time is becoming longer and his on time
is
shorter.
My cousin who is into herbal medicine suggested he take the herb  called
passion flower.  He should put it under his tongue (it comes in a liquid
form)
prior to taking
his medication.  Apparently this herb helps the body to  assimilate the
medication quicker.

Has anyone heard of this?  Has anyone read any research on the use of
passion
flower?   I would like to send the research to my Dad, if anyone has access
or
knows where it can be found.

Thanks for your help.

kpm