Bob
It evens out "between the swings and the round-abouts"
 or as they say in Newfoundland "between the jigs and the reels"
Canada was slower than the USA to approve some of the newer
drugs

 I think most of the DBS procedures are taking place in medical
centers with top notch surgeons. The Toronto team (which did my
pallidotomy) publish in international journals.
 check out the recent New England Journal of Medicine (topic Research )

Anne Rutherford