Bill Harrington wrote:
> I have just been told by my neurosurgeon in Vancouver that the gov't wouldn't fund the equpment needed to do the surgery here...I'm hoping to be referred elsewhere. Do you have the addresses of the places and  surgeons doing the procedure?<

Bill,

Peter Kidd wrote:
>>Canada and DBS. I believe the first program of DBS was at Toronto (Dr. Lozano at Toronto Hospital...in Halifax, Dr. Ivar Mendez who heads the neural transplation research program, is also doing DBS at the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre. They have a web page:
http://www.mcms.dal.ca/dnts/mainpage.html<<
AND
>>Andy Blatz wrote:
A neurosurgeon from Canada responded to the question about deep brain
stimulator approval...In Manitoba, our "College of Physicians and
Surgeons of Manitoba" has deemed that implantation in any of the three
sites as scientifically acceptable. Since that is done, I could go ahead
with, for example, bilateral STN stimulation.<<

Your neurologist should have this info. Good luck.

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^